Valentine's Weekend Itinerary: Romance in Atlanta
Valentine's Day falls on a Saturday this year, which is perfect for scheduling a romantic weekend with that special someone. A dreamy weekend in Atlanta promises to reunite some sparks that may have been buried between diaper changes, scrubbing toilets and late nights on the job. Planning is the key ingredient to an unspoiled mini vacation for two. Follow the instructions below for a flawless memorable trip.
- Arrange Babysitters: Call grandparents, friends or other family members and arrange for babysitters. The children must be left in the care of someone that is well trusted. Otherwise, the whole weekend will be spent calling home with concerns about the children.
- Schedule Pet Sitters: At least one month in advance, schedule a dog walker or pet sitter to feed and care for Boxer and Mr. Kitty. Waiting till the last minute to ask someone to care for pets can prove difficult. Others may have plans for Valentine's also.
- Make Hotel Reservations: If staying at a historical boutique style hotel recalls honeymoon memories, the Ellis Hotel on Peachtree is sure to warm the heart of that special someone. The 15-story hotel built in 1913 is conveniently located in downtown Atlanta. The elegant hotel is adorned with high ceilings and designer touches. The luxurious Ritz-Carlton is a splendid option for pampering a loved one. This five diamond award winning hotel is located in the action center of downtown Atlanta. The hotel is known for pampering guests with Italian linens, chic bathrobes and nightly turn downs with chocolates left on the pillows.
- Call for Restaurant Reservations: Conveniently located on Peachtree Street, Empire State South is the perfect restaurant for breakfast or brunch. The low country style breakfast with grits, poached eggs and sausage is highly recommended. Ray's in the City offers delicious seafood, happy hour, live music and private dining for a romantic evening for two. The seafood restaurant is an easy stroll down Peachtree Street.
- Purchase Tickets: The Atlanta Symphony Hall presents a romantic music filled evening with Conductor Michael Krajewski and singer/songwriter Tony DeSare. If that lady friend is a ballerina at heart, perhaps tickets to the Atlanta Ballet for the performance of Romeo and Juliette is an ideal treat. For the athletic couple, Georgia Tech's Ramblin’ Wreck Men’s Basketball Team plays Florida State at McCamish Pavillion at 2:30 p.m. on February 14th for a competitive ACC showdown.
*Photo courtesy of Lobby by Universal Travelers at Flickr’s Creative Commons.
About NT3RNT RITR
A traveler at heart, the writer enjoys traveling all over the south and hopes to one day expand his destinations.