Celebrate Valentine's Amore in Jacksonville, Florida
Schedule a weekend retreat for amore in beautiful Jacksonville, Florida with that special someone for Valentine's Day. Celebrate that once in a lifetime love with a stay in one of Jacksonville’s finest hotel accommodations and a night out on the town. An amazing weekend awaits couples in Jacksonville, Florida.
- Hotel Indigo at Deerwood Park in Jacksonville, Florida is a refreshing break for the young at heart couple. The modern architecture of the luxurious destination hotel will welcome visitors from registration through departure. The hotel is only a short drive to the chic St. John’s Town Center. Enjoy cocktails at Café Phi and Bar or relax in the hot tub.
- Experience the grandeur of a Riverwalk retreat at the Omni. The Omni is conveniently located in the center of downtown Jacksonville. Relax in one of the 354 luxuriously decorated guest rooms or chat over a cocktail at Juliette’s and J Bar. Guests are invited to work off extra calories at the fitness center or swim laps in the heated rooftop pool.
- Crowne Plaza located on Jacksonville’s Riverfront is the perfect romantic escape for couples in love. The hotel extends southern hospitality to guests with luxurious accommodations and superior service. Couples experience the grandeur upon arrival in the beautifully decorated lobby. The hotel has partnered with Palm Harbor Golf Club and Windsor Parke Golf Club to entice the golf lover.
- The Blue Fish Restaurant and Oyster Bar is a delight to the taste buds for seafood lovers. Barbeque oysters roasted with barbeque butter and parmesan is highly recommended. Fried green tomatoes shout southern dining and the chefs at Blue Fish know how to prepare southern delicacies. The Old Bay Mixed Grill is a sampler variety platter showcasing local seafood prepared with key lime and extra virgin olive oil. The restaurant offers a large wine list.
- Orsay Restaurant offers romantic private dining options. The restaurant serves French bistro dishes with a decidedly southern American influence. Carolina trout served with fingerling potatoes prepared in a lemon brown butter vinaigrette is definitely recommended. Lobster Pot Pie in a biscuit crust should tempt the most refined taste buds. Be sure to save room for a culinary pastry dessert prepared by Chef Michael Bump, such as a chocolate éclair.
- Discover something new at Season's 52 Fresh Grill. Dine in a sophisticated, trendy environment. The chefs prepare dishes with local seasonal ingredients inspired by rustic cooking techniques to bring out the natural flavors in foods. Arrive early and order a fruit infused cocktail, such as Hawaiian Pineapple Cosmopolitan, during happy hour to start the evening out. Try the Sesame Crusted Grilled Swordfish served with soba noodles, bok choy, roasted shiitakes, sea bean and ginger slaw and miso mushroom broth.
*Photo courtesy of Jacksonville Riverwalk Sunset by OM at Flickr’s Creative Commons.
About NT3RNT RITR
A traveler at heart, the writer enjoys traveling all over the south and hopes to one day expand his destinations.