7 Romantic Atlanta Getaways
If I were to make a list of ten most dynamic US cities, Atlanta would surely snag the top spot! The city is home to a number of heritage sites, good educational institutions, and globally renowned places such as the World of Coca-Cola, the Margaret Mitchell House, and the CNN Headquarters. Additionally, Atlanta also provides visiting and resident couples the opportunity to take part in a range of romantic activities; the sections below detail the seven most romantic getaways in the city.
If you want to dine in romantic settings when in Atlanta, you can visit the following places.
- Babette’s Café: The highlight of this restaurant is its setting; it is housed in a lavish bungalow built during the early 20th century. The restaurant’s cozy dining area and cordial staff make sure that guests have a private and romantic dining experience. Babette’s Café serves delicious tapas-style food with a blend of French, Mediterranean, Spanish and Italian culinary flare.
- La Fourchette: This place has a really intimate setting that will provide you and your partner the seclusion you were looking for from the hustle and bustle of the outer world. You will also love the French-Mediterranean dishes served here.
Whether you're a resident of the city or a tourist, staying at one of the top hotels in the city for a few days along with your beloved can surely help you if you are looking to spend some romantic time together.
- Four Seasons Atlanta: Everything about Four Seasons Atlanta is grand and carries a touch of romance; a stay in this hotel will surely assist you in hitting the right mood. It is the only five star five diamond hotel in the city and offers exactly what one can expect from such a big brand. During your stay at Four Seasons Atlanta, other than spending some passionate time in your hotel room, you and your partner can also visit the hotel’s in-house spa to have an amazing dual spa experience.
Couples who find fresh air invigorating should always plan their dates outdoors. Here are two exciting outdoor dating options in Atlanta.
- Atlanta Botanical Garden: The Atlanta Botanical Garden covers an area of 30 acres. The botanical garden can be a perfect romantic escape for couples; they can wander around the garden holding hands and admiring some exotic sculptures and orchids.
- Piedmont Park: The Piedmont Park covers an open space of 190 acres and will allow you to enjoy biking and walking. As a result of being home to more than 170 bird species, it’s also a great place for couples interested in birdwatching.
Art and Culture
When in Atlanta, you can surely get romantic by experiencing the city’s art and culture.
- The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra: Take your beloved to the Atlanta Symphony Hall to watch the legendary Atlanta Symphony Orchestra performing. Romantic compositions by Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov will surely put both of you in an extremely romantic mood.
- The High Museums of Art: This place can be a great dating spot for couples particularly on the third Friday of every month i.e. when it hosts live jazz performances.
The ideas discussed above will surely help you in turning a regular trip into a perfectly romantic outing.